Already have a Username/Password for Women And Language?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Copyright 2011 by Women and Language; all rights reserved.
Brief portions of material in this publication may be copied and quoted without further permission with the understanding that appropriate citation of the source of the excerpt will be included in such copying.
A limited number of copies of brief portions of material in this publication may be made for scholarly or classroom use if 1) the material is distributed without charge or no fees above the actual duplicating costs are charged; 2) the materials are reproductions, photocopies or copies made by similar processes and not reprints or republications; 3) the copies are used within a reasonable time after reproduction; 4) the material includes the full bibliographic citation; and 5) the following statement is clearly displayed on all copies: â€œCopyright by Women and Language. Reproduced by permission of the publisher.â€
A copy of this statement serves as official permission from Women and Language for using material for scholarly or educational purposes under the above conditions.
This permission does not extend to situations in which 1) extensive amounts of material are reproduced or stored in an electronic or similar data retrieval system; 2) a fee above actual duplicating costs is charged or if there exists a reasonable expectation of profit; or 3) the material is reproduced or reprinted for other than scholarly or educational purposes.
In such cases, permission must be obtained prior to reproduction.
Requests for permission to reproduce should be addressed to Publications Manager, Women and Language, Department of Humanities, Michigan Technological University, 1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton, MI 49931-1295 USA. A reasonable fee may be assessed for commercial copying or reproduction.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.